Friday, March 23, 2012

Journal 3/23/2012

In my life this week…
The past few weeks I have been miserable.  I don't really know what was up, but yesterday was the first day I felt like myself again. When I woke up yesterday I told myself I was going to be happy, and it worked.  Even though I have had a rough day so far, I think I am doing better at keeping my attitude in check.
Kaelyn has been teething and is super clingy and screamy, but she is starting to not scream as much.  I have noticed a few teeth have finally broke through, so some of the pressure in her mouth must be better.  The poor girl- I try not to be mad at her, but she is testing my patience and my heart health.
Sebastian has been very grumpy lately too.  He has been having a difficult time dealing with the fact he is still a kid.  He has been saying that he is a grown up and has been testing me.  He is pushing me and he came apart at co-op this morning.
I told my husband that I need a vacation from my kids, and I think they need a vacation from me.  We have been feeding off our negative energy and we are just spiraling into a very bad place. It is time to blow steam!
In our homeschool this week…
We changed up what we normally do in homeschool this week.  Normally Sebastian has reading and writing pages, but we both have gotten bored of doing them.  This week we took turns reading pages from a book and instead of him writing, he would spell words and I would write them out in highlighter and then he would trace over them for handwriting practice.  He enjoyed the change in pace, and asked that we do it this way next week too. 
My favorite thing this week was…
Working out.  Honestly, getting a good workout in makes my attitude so much better.
I’m cooking…
This week I have a few Disney meals planned.  I need a vacation, and since I can't go on one I am going to cook one for myself. :)
A photo, video, link, or quote to share… 
This video was played during co-op this morning, and I thought it was cute.  Enjoy!



The Homeschool Mother's Journal

No comments: