Monday, July 30, 2012

Living with La Bieb

For the last four weeks my family had the pleasure of hosting a French student.  At first we were unsure what to expect.  Would he like us? Would he hate the kids? Would he think we were lame?  Luckily for us we got a great kid.  He liked us and was able to handle our very loud kids. We were still lame, but I think I have to get used to that. I am a mom now, so lameness comes with the title.

We jokingly called him Bob, La Bieb, and Bay-bay. He didn't mind the nicknames... well, except La Bieb.  He didn't like it when I told him he looked like Justin Bieber. Maybe he should change his hair style then. ;)

July went by so fast, and he is now back in France with his family. He enriched our lives and left a broken heart with Kaelyn. She fell in love and still calls for him in the morning.

We had a lot of fun!
I did learn one phrase; "Vous êtes juste jaloux!" (I think that is right...)

We took him to a hunting cabin, NYC, Washington D.C., and I made him go to a music camp I taught at.  He was terrible at handbells...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Haha, sounds like fun!

Gallivanting Geismom said...

What a great experience for all of you!
The photos are great!
Barbara