Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Hope For Our Country

I love living in the USA. We have a lot of opportunities and liberties in this country. In just two weeks I will perform my RIGHT to vote in the elections for president and many representatives for both federal, state, and local government positions. I do not take this lightly. I have been researching the candidates for months now. I believe every citizen should take the time to research and vote for the candidate that he/she feels is best suited to represent us. Thomas Jefferson said, "Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government."  The hard part these days is all the fact-checking that must be done. It can be difficult, but it is well worth the effort to know you are voting for the best candidate possible.

With that being said, not everyone will see his or her candidate get elected. I hope that no matter who is elected, we can rally behind our country as a unified nation. I hope that we can break the bipartisan barriers and respect each other enough to say, "Good job, now with our help you can take our country to a better place."  No one getting elected wants to see our country disintegrate, but in order to make positive changes in the government, both parties will need to work together.

I hope that the nastiness that has been spreading this election simmers down and we can respect each other and our opinions. Just because your opinion is different from another it does not mean one person is smarter than another, or one person is evil. We all walk different roads and see things in different ways.
Galatians 5:14 "For the entire law is fulfilled by one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"
I hope and pray that everyone puts down your swords of words and spread kindness in the last days before the election, because really, all we need is love.

No comments: