Thursday, November 22, 2012

Made of Music

Today my son said something amazing.

"It's like you're made of music!" 


My son has never spoken truer words about me. ♥

My life revolves around music. I live, breathe, work, cook, and bathe in music. All day. It warmed my heart to hear that my son understands my connection to music in a simple way.  Music has always shaped my life. It has helped lift me out of tough times and has surrounded me during the great times of my life.


  • Today I am thankful for music. 
  • I am thankful for my parents who first introduced me to music and spent years (and money) developing and supporting my love of music through violin and viola lessons.
  • I am thankful for a husband that understands my dependance on music and doesn't get annoyed when I sing all day all the time (about stupid things like cleaning the floor or having to go use the bathroom).
  • I am thankful for a job that lets me do what I love- teach children to love music like I do.
  • I am thankful for children that let me sing through school lessons and bath time. Sometimes they even join in.
  • I a thankful for a dog that sings with me when I get a bit too high or rambunctious. 
  • I am thankful for Smetana and Holst for writing parts for the viola that aren't boring. Seriously, Mozart- why did you hate us?
  • I am thankful to have an amazing luthier that treats my instruments like they are my children.

But I am most thankful for God. He gave me this love of music because He himself is the ultimate music. I look forward to the day I can hear the most beautiful music the universe could only imagine- the music of angels and saints singing in one accord to Praise and Honor HIM.
Oh Lord, please bless this music that it might glorify your name. May the talent that you have bestowed upon me be used only to serve you.

Let this music be a witness to your majesty and love, and remind us that you are always watching, and listening, from your throne above.


May your presence and beauty be found in every note, and may the words that are sung reach the hearts of your people so they will draw closer to you.


May your Spirit guide us through every measure so that we might be the instruments of your peace, and proclaim your glory with glad voices.


Amen

My mommy helping me on my musical journey.

No comments: