Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Optimistic kind of gal

I am a passionate optimist who dreams with my whole heart. I am motivated and inspired by smiles, laughter, and chocolate cookies. Before I close my eyes at night I daydream about art and science projects or how I can fit one more art piece in my studio. My favorite time of day is right when I wake up because my dream is still fresh in my mind and I can pretend for 5 more minutes.  I rarely yell and I share hugs freely. I wish my life was an opera so that I could sing all day and no one would look at me like I was crazy. In all honesty, I don't mind if they look at me crazy because I have been caught singing to cans of soup in the grocery store before. It happens.

This is why I love Mary Poppins. She is an optimist just like me, with an edge of discipline and order.
"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down..."
That is how I get through the chores I hate. I sing, dance, laugh, and bribe myself with chocolate cookies to get the cleaning done. Most days it works. Some days I skip the cleaning and go straight to the chocolate. Don't judge. You have had those days too.

Next time you have something you have to do but don't want to do, put on some of your favorite music and dance or sing along while you get down to business. Trust me, it works wonders. Go ahead and give yourself that dessert when you finish because you will have deserved it.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

PERFECT take on this week's quote! Love it!

GammySel said...

Very cute....

Gallivanting Geismom said...

I just want to let you know that your post really made me smile. I've been having a rough couple of days, and I wish that I would have seen this earlier!
Thanks!!