Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Time Capsule: 2012

Last year I started a tradition to do a Year End Time Capsule. It was a great success, so I am rehashing it again for this year. These are word for word, by the way.

Date: 1/1/2013

Sebastian, age 5 1/2

Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Thing: Probably the Bullzord.
Favorite Things to Do: Play video games and watch Daddy play Zelda.
Favorite Movie: Wall-e.
Favorite TV Show: Super Hero Squad.
Favorite Book: The Magic Treehouse books or the Pokemon books.
Favorite Color: orange
Favorite Number: 1000
What was your favorite part of the holidays this year? Mac N Cheese at Buffalo Wild Wings.
What do you want to do next year? Go to the Sebastian store (The Disney store) and for all of us to pick something to take home.
What was your best moment of 2012? All of it!
What did you learn in 2012? To ask for help when you are having a hard time.
What do you hope/wish for in 2013? All of us to try to become better people.

Matthew, age 30

Favorite Food: Stromboli
Favorite Thing: I don't know... a computer?  I don't really know.
Favorite Things to Do: Watch Youtube videos with the family
Favorite Movie: I guess Star Trek
Favorite TV Show: Haha, My Little Pony
Favorite Book: All time or right now? America, Again right now.
Favorite Color: blue
Favorite Number: 7
What was your favorite part of the holidays this year? Time off of work
What do you want to do next year/excited for? Disney World!
What was your best moment of 2012? Pax East
What do you hope/wish for in 2013?  more success at work

Elyse, age 29 1/2

Favorite Food: I don't know anymore!  I used to love garlic potted chicken and green bean casserole but I can't eat that anymore.  Maybe sugared nuts?
Favorite Thing: Amadeus (my viola)
Favorite Things to Do: Play Minecraft in my spare time or sleep. I like to sleep.
Favorite Movie: The Lord of the Rings series and the new Hobbit movie are my obsession.
Favorite TV Show: Building with BdoubleO100. Technically this is a YouTube series, not a TV show, but I love watching it. 
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Jane Eyre, The Harry Potter Series, The Chronicles of Narnia... I don't have to pick one, do I?
Favorite Color: purple, orange, and yellow all together.
Favorite Number: 28
What was your favorite part of the holidays this year? Spending time with my family. I didn't have to work and I am getting tons of cuddle time at night. Love!
What do you want to do next year? Pax East, a week at the beach with my family, and DISNEY!!!!!
What was your best moment of 2012? Matthew turned 30.
What did you learn in 2012? Gallbladders are optional, among other things. See my post about what I learned.
What do you hope/wish for in 2013? Health, happiness, and love.
What memory do you want to cherish from this holiday season?
Going to Build a Bear with the kids, letting them pick their animals (Wolf Vader and Puppy), and loving on them.
What does this kid (Sebastian) do to make you laugh?
His face. He is such a ham bone and I love it.
What made this year great?
The fact that I am happy. I have a great job, a great family, and a great life.
What big accomplishments are you proud of?
Growing my studio at SSA to 20 students!
What do you want to do next year?
Pax East, the outer banks, and DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY!!!
Other thoughts/feelings/memories from this year.
See our year end newsletter that highlights what we did this and gives a slideshow so you can see (and hear) what fun we had.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Great idea!

Hahah love Matt's My Little Pony.

Oiralinde said...

He loves himself some MLP. The rest of us like it too, but he is the biggest Brony in the hizzouse.