Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grilled Caesar Chicken with Carrot Couscous

I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious.  I'm writing the recipe down because Matthew wants it again. I just used what I happened to have in the fridge tonight, and I'm proud of how well it turned out. I like conceptualizing a fresh dish.


Serves: 3 adults and 1 preschooler
Time: about 30 minutes

Ingredients: (Dressing)
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 TB dijon mustard (or less to taste, Matthew loves mustard so I always go overboard)
  • 1 clove garlic, smashed
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 TB Parmesan cheese
  • 1 anchovy fillet (you can leave this out if you want)
  • 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper
Directions: (Dressing)
  1.  Whisk all together. Set aside.
Ingredients:
  • 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Lemon pepper and/or Adobo
  • 2 TB Extra virgin olive oil
  • Anchovy fillet
  • 1 Clove garlic, smashed
  • 3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 2 1/4 c. Broth (or water)
  • 6 TB Israeli couscous
Directions:
  1. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
  2. In a small saucepan, heat the oil and anchovy fillet.  Let the anchovy break down and dissolve into the oil.  Add the carrots and cook about 5 minutes.  Add the couscous and toast for a minute.  Add the broth and boil, covered, for 10 minutes.
  3. Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make thin, wide halves. (I put my hand flat on the top of the chicken and run the blade parallel to my palm through the chicken)
  4. Season the chicken with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, lemon pepper, and Adobo (or as desired)
  5. Grill the chicken on both sides.  When cooked, pull from grill and let rest for a minute.
To plate:
  1. Put a nice mound of the couscous and carrots on half of the plate.
  2. Slice the chicken on an angle and arrange in a fan next to the couscous.
  3. Spoon a few teaspoons of the dressing over the chicken.
  4. For presentation I chopped some chives and sprinkled them over the sauce/chicken. Pretty and tasty!


Summer Inspiration

No comments: