Friday, May 18, 2012

Summer 2012 Fashion

That's me. The fashionista.  Okay, maybe not, but I have lost 15 pounds and last year's summer clothes were falling off.  It was time for me to get out and buy a few new outfits that make me feel good about this new body that I am creating.

Thanks to my husband for not laughing at me too much, moving some furniture, and helping me with my photo shoot.
(Click on the picture to see it in a larger size)

The first outfit is inspired by Disneybound.  I have royal blue shorts, a yellow shirt, and a red bow in my hair.  Who am I?  SNOW WHITE!  Yeah... I love that outfit. I love the scarf in the next outfit, but I am unsure how to wear it. I love the colors ut how do I style it? My favorite outfit is the emerald striped shirt with yellow shorts and an orange necklace.  I think it looks the best on me. I may have been feeling silly at the end of the photo shoot, but I wanted to show off the back of my new metallic sandals because I love the straps.

How do you like the new look for this summer?  This is the first time I had fun going shopping. I also was in smaller sizes than I thought I would be in. My hard work is paying off, and I am so proud to be a size I haven't been since college.

I would love to get more chunky jewelry.  I used to be scared of big necklaces, but I think a statement color in a necklace can help me make over some of my other clothes in my closet. I like color, but my closet is lacking in it.  I have black, gray, and brown.  I think necklaces could be a way to spruce up my closet and put more of my personality in my style.  I didn't see anything I liked today, but I will keep my eye out.

1 comment:

Gallivanting Geismom said...

You're looking great, Elyse!
I love the red necklace.
As far as the scarf is concerned, I like to put in 2 slip knots and wear it around my neck like a necklace. It doesn't flop around too much that way.

Great color picks.