Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Yearly Family Canvas Art, part 1


Every year around Christmas me and my family make a canvas art for the wall. We use some sort of print (hand. foot, etc.) to make the art so we can watch the kids grow over time.  I wanted to share with you the first few years of our marriage in canvas art.

In 2006 we were married, so we attempted a heart made with fingerprints.  As you can tell, it didn't work out like I expected.  It is a very small canvas since we were a small family at that point.

In 2007 Sebastian had been born, so I took his foot print and I tried to make our hand outlines look like a heart around his foot. Once again, it didn't come out like I expected, but it still looks very nice.

In 2008 I made a Rudolph art by using Sebastian's hands for the antlers and his food for Rudolph's face.  This one finally turned out the way I expected.

Stay tuned for the rest of the years next week!

Crafts / Handiwork Ideas and Tutorials

No comments: